Good Morning Beauties
A good morning skincare routine is just as important as a good meal to break your fast from the night before. Your skin has been rubbed on the fabric of your pillow, oils drawn out and moisture soaked up over the hours of sleep.
If like me you wear make up most days you will definitely need a good smooth base. Now, a good smooth base has been almost impossible for me as a person who suffers with dry skin I have the blessing of never getting spots or acne but the curse of what I like to call crocodile skin. If your with me you will know exactly what I mean, if not, what it means is when my skin is un-nourished (all of the time if I don’t keep a strict routine) my skin likes to crack and peal and at its worst, bleed. Yup, not very pretty. So, next time you see somebody with no spot scars maybe think what they themselves might be putting up with before you tell them how lucky they are.
If you are like me and suffer from dry and damaged skin that can almost feel like it is burning when you are putting on what is supposed to a cream for ‘sensitive’ skin you might want to take a look at the products I use on a daily basis. None of these hurt, irritate or burn my skin and they leave my skin actually feeling moisturised all day, even through makeup protecting it until I take my makeup of in the evening and start my evening skin care routine. So without further ado here are my top 6 products dry skin humans should not live without!
- I always start with a makeup remover, even when I take it of the night before it is best to start with this. This Garnier cleansing water is perfect because it kind of gets my face ready for the rest of the routine it is oil based and I swear the first time I used it I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I have never, never had a makeup remover be this good and also this kind on my skin before. Before this I couldn’t even use any of them, I had to use coconut oil which is great but to do it every day at least once was a little excessive and started to clog up my pores.
2. Once any and all excess makeup is off and my pores are nice and clean I go in with a toner just a little more cleansing and protection for my dry skin. The L’oreal Paris Fine Flowers Toner in particular I love because not only does it smell phenomenal it really helps to sooth my red cheeks.
3. Quite important this next step and one often over looked is Sunscreen. It is always important to protect your skin from the UV rays but even more vital when in the middle of summer, especially if like me your natural skin tone is radiant white (I wish I was exaggerating but even light porcelain is too dark for me in the Winter)
4. What is the holy grail of skin care I hear you ask? Aloe Vera, pure Aloe Vera gel. This stuff is a miracle worker and one of those products I would definitely have take with me to a desert island. It moisturises, it is an anti-inflammatory, it gives pain relief to cuts and sun burn, it even protects against fine lines and wrinkles what can it not do?! Make me 21 again I suppose but it gets me close to looking it. I can’t say enough on how much I love this stuff. Just buy it, you can thank me later. I haven’t placed a link on this one because unfortunately the one I use doesn’t seem to be available online.
5. Last but by no means least is the moisturiser, Now I will say I do rotate my moisturisers I find it best my skin doesn’t get to used to one also some times I need a little more. For example cocoa butter as great as it is for my skin does still give me that burning sensation but I am pretty sure that stuff is the reason I didn’t age for years because I used it religiously. So, I try not to use that too often and mostly use either L’oreal Paris Wrinkle Expert with Calcium or Lacura Q10 both are incredible, around the same price point and I couldn’t pick a favourite. Honestly, my choice on which one to use is usually based of which is closer to my hand at the time. The Q10 is a serum which works a whole lot like a moisturiser but a little different so in the summer I will use both t=of these products applying the Q10 first.
So, there you have it my top 6 products I use everyday to keep my skin glowing and soft and as wrinkle free as possible. Do you have any products that you can’t live without or some you think I should try out? Drop them into the comments below and let me know