Unless you know me personally you probably have no clue on where I come from and let me tell you now we certainly were not rich, but, my Mother always did her best to keep food on our table she did this by creating the most ingenious ways to take nothing and make a delicious meal out of it and in this series I’m going to show you how I took that idea and ran with it throughout my teen and adult life, starting right here with what I call the poor mans burrito so lets get started!
- Tortilla wraps
- 800g Mince
- 500g Rice (whichever you prefer, I love brown)
- Beef stock cube
- 1tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- 1tsp Paprika
- Either onions or onion salt will do
- Garlic (to taste)
Recipe makes at least 25 large burritos and can be refrigerated or frozen to last a few meals. Personally me and my partner get at least 5 meals out of this!
- Firstly, you want to fully cook your mince in a hot frying pan as you are doing this you want to add all your spices and seasonings to the mince, this will cook the flavours into the mince.
- While this is cooking start the rice, DON’T FORGET to wash your rice first. Cook it until it is vaguely transparent then take it back into a sieve and wash again with hot water until the water runs clear. (You don’t want to be eating the amount of starch and plastic residue that comes of this)
- Add the mince to the rice and combine together well
- Now spoon your mixture into your wraps, wrap and pop onto a grill
- Literally, your done. Enjoy, just don’t burn yourself they are hot!